Orlando Clay Fandango 2017
The all inclusive Lake Yale 5 day/4 night retreat. Meals and lodging are included. The instructors are Barb Fajardo, Dayle Doroshow and Jana Roberts Benzon. Retreat Demos by various artists.
Download registration form. OR Online Option Click Here
Please Support our Sponsors!
The All Inclusive Workshop: (One day with each Instructor)
- Barb Fajardo "Mandala Flora" In this one day workshop, Barb shares her innovative methods to create "Mandala Flora" designs.
- Students will create intricate patterns and shapes using her Mimbres (Black and White) and Wood Texture (Antiqued and Scratched) techniques.
- Bail and drilling options will be discussed as well as the impact of the focal center of the pieces using genuine stone cabochons and open hole cutouts.
In this workshop we will explore the three-dimensional world of sculptural books, triptychs and standing screens.
Using polymer clay, papers, fabric, and personal treasures, we'll create and layer images and text to tell a story, evoke a mood, or simply create something beautiful.
Polymer clay techniques will include transfers, layering and collaging with clays, several surface techniques and the successful integration of mixed media with polymer clay. We will bind the sculptural books with a text block of unusual papers.
Triptychs and screens will be hinged and can be used as luminescent candle screens, wall pieces or standing sculptures. Leave the workshop with fresh ideas and techniques to incorporate into your personal style.
- Jana Roberts Benzon "Taking Flight"
Welcome to one of my favorite workshops! “Taking Flight” is the title I’ve given to these interesting little pieces that tend to look like birds on the wing. They always make me feel like I’m doing the same when I make them!
You’ll learn so very many new skills in this out-of-the box workshop, and although it may appear ‘technical’, many polymer newbies have taken this workshop and find that it’s actually quite easy, and SO addicting!
You’ll learn to make a veneer with alcohol inks and then how to manipulate a clay “substrate” that magically creates sinuous curves after you’ve learned the easy slicing method I’ll teach you.
Next, learn to permanently bond a gem or bead into the piece, in a way that makes the gem appear to delicately float ‘on the wing’ or nestles in a nook or cranny.
Finally, I’ll teach you one of my “worth the price of admission” innovative, quick and nifty techniques for finishing the back of the piece, then we’ll turn your little creation into a pendant or brooch pin (or whatever you fancy)!
- Retreat Adventure -- In your free time Clay on your own, in a relaxed atmosphere, attend and/or give free demos, have use of Lake Yale Campgrounds, plus attend events of the Fandango.
(No workshops included)
If you are looking for a relaxing weekend and would like to pickup some new tips, tricks and techniques, this is the perfect option! This is just an overview of the Retreat Only Experience.
- Clay on your own, in a relaxed atmosphere
- Attend demos.
- Use of Lake Yale Campgrounds
- Attend Fandango events