Orlando Clay Fandango 2016
Space is limited!
The all inclusive Lake Yale 5 day/4 night retreat. Meals and lodging are included. The instructors are Carol Blackburn, syndee holt and Anke Humpert. Retreat Demos by various artists.
Download registration form. OR Online Option Click Here
Please Support our Sponsors!
The All Inclusive Workshop: (One day with each Instructor)
- Carol Blackburn "Patterns in Polymer" In this one day workshop Carol will show how everyone can make intricately patterned veneers that look complicated but are easy to achieve. From a single cane she’ll show how to create several strikingly different patterns and demonstrate how the multicolored veneers can be transformed from flat sheets of polymer into hollow beads of many shapes and sizes. The large round beads and unusual tetrahedron beads make eye catching necklaces which each student will have the opportunity to create and take home. Carol will also discuss how you can use the veneers for other projects such as bangles and pendants.
Mono printing with a Gelli Plate is so easy and looks so spectacular on sheets of paper... but how do we scale down for smaller polymer clay works? What do we do with the clay next? Laser transfer techniques to polymer clay have been around for nearly a decade now. I have a little bit different twist on the transfer- from the actual technique itself to how the clay is prepared for transfer using mono printing. The mini bowl is the hottest swap item now at retreats – learn to makes these cool little bowls using the two techniques above. Bowls not your thing? It’s syndee’s class – “Creative Left Turns” are welcome!
- Anke Humpert "Transformer Jewellery"
Learn Anke's brand new technique for making and designing her “transformer jewelery”! The transformer jewelery is a set of jewelery pieces, that can be assembled to a little decorativ e vessel, when not worn. When taken apart each piece of the vessel forms into a piece of jewelery. This is an unique idea, that has not been around before! In this comprehensive workshop, Anke guides you through her design process while providing the encouragement to experiment and play with your own ideas to create a set of jewelery/ vessel that reflects your creativity. In addition, you will learn how to:
- Construct a set of jewelery, that can transform into a vessel.
- mix and match a variety of custom textures
- create fun pieces that are sure to surprise
- distress the surface of your jewellery
- assemble your transformer set
- use paints and wire to enhance and finish your design.
- Retreat Adventure -- In your free time Clay on your own, in a relaxed atmosphere, attend and/or give free demos, have use of Lake Yale Campgrounds, plus attend events of the Fandango, boutique and vendors.
(No workshops included)
If you are looking for a relaxing weekend and would like to pickup some new tips, tricks and techniques, this is the perfect option! This is just an overview of the Retreat Only Experience.
- Clay on your own, in a relaxed atmosphere
- Attend demos.
- Use of Lake Yale Campgrounds
- Attend Fandango events